What to do what to do what to do...
I was told today that teaching high school here might not be doable for me, because I don't have a teaching certificate for Texas (What do they require teachers here to know anyways? How to deal with ... oh well, I shouldn't...). This made Nate and I think about alternative jobs for me here in this wonderful city. A selection:
1) Tour Guide of San Antonio
qualifications: bi- (tri-? quadri-?) lingual. successfully lead around other people before (family, friends and strangers). Appreciation of Texas culture ;)
plus: Nate works close to the Alamo, thus easy commute
backdraw: sunburn and tourists looking for bathrooms, need to appreciate Texas culture
2) Boat driver on the Riverwalk
qualifications: none, but I can make up stuff about the buildings lining this Venice-like canal
plus: I love it when people listen to me!! :) And (more or less) fresh air all day!
backdraw: danger of getting seasick; no way to compete with Vietnam-experienced boat captains that have been stationed in San Antonio, live here now and know this place like the back of their hand
solution: use these guys' shell shock and scare them with fire crackers -> vacant boat driving positions! :)
3) Hooters girl at the Riverwalk restaurant
qualifications: ahm... I'm not sure.
problem: I'm over 23 and married. Cup size smaller than D.
4) San Antonio Spurs cheerleader.
qualifications: long-time David Robinson fan, an autograph from Sean Elliot
plus: free basketball tickets!!
problem: see 3), plus skimpy outfits.
Solution:
5) Coyote, the Spurs mascot. Cool outfit, nicely disguised and no need to talk. Can be fun, too!

I'll start training my flips right now...
This could be me --->>>
PS: Well, I guess that's gone, too... Since the Spurs got kicked out of the play offs tonight. Good for Nate, though ;)

1 Comments:
i would go for the hooters... i guess it is fun (at the beginning) and good tips if you work "well"
Post a Comment
<< Home